Clay Imprinting And Plaster Mould

For making this I first selected small green items I wanted to go into clay, then rolled out a medium sized slab of clay that is reasonably thick. Some oil or Vaseline was placed onto the items to avoid it sticking, next I pressed down into the clay with the selected objects, it can't be pushed in too weakly or pushed to where it's going through the clay. After this if a plaster mould is wanted four walls are established using the sides of the clay. The walls needed to be thick and attached well to avoid the liquid of the plaster from spilling especially when the liquid plaster needs a shaking movement to bring out the air.
The plaster needed to be left in for a few days then I was able to take it out and cut the sides down. When the clay was taken out of the kiln I made little reverse impressions out of the clay imprinted pieces I had.




posted under , |

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Followers


Recent Comments