Matchbox Museum

The first project at the very start of the course, where I made matchboxes inspired by the theme of inner thoughts and robotics. The matchboxes themselves had designs everywhere from back to front and on the inside. Artists such as H.R Giger were a great inspiration to me and the first image below is based on one of his works. 







A spot welded hand I made by taking copper wire and soldering cut wire rope eyelets, the hand became posable with this process.
This sheet is entirely inspired by the film blade runner, a psychological thriller that was one of my personal favourite movies. I found that by watching this and seeing artists who work with futuristic themes that there is always something dark about how everyone views the future. My goal with these matchboxes was to give a contrast on the idea that the inner thoughts need to stray in the dark directions. For this idea to work I went and made bright and cheerful coloured matchboxes instead of a darker palette.

posted under |

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Followers


Recent Comments